The Authority for Transport in Malta
Transport Malta is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with National Legislation Transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council (1). We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards. This accessibility statement applies to the website at www.transport.gov.mt
This website is partially compliant with EN 301 549 as per the Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies known also as the Web Accessibility Directive.
Compliance process and measures
The Authority has reviewed the contents of its website, and apart from attempting to follow best practices in responsive UI design and ease of navigation throughout the site. The Authority strives to maintain and improve upon the following areas of compliance:
- Catering for users of assistive technologies by using mouseover text, alternative text, and element descriptions.
- Using appropriate levels of colour contrast for text where applicable.
- Consistent formatting throughout the site including the fonts, sidebars, tabs, and map widgets.
- Using custom pages to inform users when accessing invalid pages or links which direct them to external pages.
- Organising content into lists or sidebar elements to facilitate navigation for elements pertaining to specific sections of the sites sub-categories.
- Making use of captions, image titles, mouseover text to describe images on the site.
- Providing a button on all site pages which enables a "high contrast mode" for the website.
The Authority is currently performing ongoing changes to the website to improve our compliance status with the above standards. If any inaccessible features are encountered when browsing the site, kindly make use of the contact details provided further below in this statement to inform us of any issues and/or barriers to accessibility.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was first prepared on the 8th October 2020 and last modified on the 17th November 2020. The statement declaration is based on certification obtained from the Foundation for Information Technology Accessibility (FITA).
The statement was last reviewed on the 19th November 2020
Feedback and contact information
Please report any accessibility barriers encountered on the Transport Malta website to:
Customer Care at Transport Malta
Visitor address: Pantar Road, Lija LJA 2021
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Should you deem that your accessibility related query was not adequately addressed please contact the Malta Communications Authority at Valletta Waterfront, Pinto Wharf, Floriana, FRN1913, Malta or by telephone on +35621336840 from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.