Why choose the Malta Flag
Advantages of flying the Malta flag include:
- Yachts may be registered on behalf of legally constituted corporate bodies or entities irrespective of nationality.
- Twenty four hour, seven days a week service in response to urgent matters.
- Low company formation, ship registration and tonnage tax costs
- Maltese law provides for registration of yachts that are being built or equipped.
- Attractive tax incentives to yachts and superyachts owners encouraging commercial operation.
- No restrictions on the sale or mortgaging of Maltese registered yachts and superyachts.
- A dynamic registration with one of the largest ship registers in the world and very active in EU for and international organisation such as the IMO.
- A sovereign state, member of the European Union with political, fiscal and social stability.
Availability of a whole range of maritime services including very reputable and experience legal and corporate services supporting registration, management and administration.